A newly created position has just become available at Simply Conveyancing for a suitably experienced Internal Auditor. You'll form part of a high performing compliance team leading the audit journey.
- Assisting in the design of our Internal Audit Plan and File Audit Programme.
- Undertaking internal audits included in the Internal Audit Plan and the File Audit Programme. Audits will be conducted according to prescribed regulatory, legislative, internal and other compliance requirements.
- Maintaining clear records of evidence and audit activities to support any results and conclusions reached.
- Assisting in the preparation of audit reports, advisory reports and schedules to summarise audit results, findings and present recommendations to address any issues identified.
- Liaising with teams and individuals as appropriate to articulate audit findings and agree remedial actions.
- Following up audit recommendations with departments, teams and individuals and preparing progress update reports.
- Analysing processes and identifying opportunities for process improvements and developments towards best practice.
- Undertaking training and other activities as necessary to become familiar with the regulatory, legislative, internal and other compliance regimes
- Escalating of issues to the Director of Risk & Quality where appropriate.
- Any other duties as reasonably required by the role
Skills and experience
- Internal audit experience and knowledge of auditing and control practices would be an advantage but is not essential.
- Competent at dealing with all residential conveyancing transaction types.
- Experience of working in a risk and compliance environment would be an advantage but is not essential.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal and the ability to deliver sensitive messages tactfully when required.
- Strong organisational skills.
- A passion for risk and compliance matters.
- Proven ability to think independently, contribute to projects and confidently engage with and influence colleagues at all levels.
What we’ll give you
- Flexible working
- 25 days holiday (up to 28 days)
- Private medical Bupa
- Progression, promotion and training opportunities – paid professional memberships
- Life assurance 4 times salary
- 10 days company sick pay
- Modern IT infrastructure
- In-house counselling service
- Fun budget team building