We are seeking to engage with an experienced Business Analyst to join our team. The successful candidate for this role will have proven experience working in providing insight from accurate and timely data and MI. Not only that, we are looking for a candidate that not just delivers their role but brings pride and passion to the delivery of everything they do and wants to join our growing team in delivering best in class service to all our customers.
Simply Conveyancing Property Lawyers (“Simply”) is one of the UK’s leading providers of residential conveyancing services to home movers. Through embracing technology to build its bespoke eConvey platform and combining this with best-in-class customer service, Simply has become one of the fastest growing conveyancing businesses in the UK.
The large majority of our conveyancing instructions are referred by estate agents who trust us to deliver a first-class service to their customers. Each month, more than 300 estate agency offices refer business to simply. This includes leading agency groups such as Dexters, Foxtons, Dacre Son & Hartley, amongst others; in each case Simply is the preferred conveyancing partner of these agencies.
Our reputation for excellent customer service is underpinned by leading ratings on review sites such as Trustpilot (currently rated 4.9), Feefo (5 out of 5) and Google (4.7 out of 5). We seek regular feedback from our estate agency partners and have scored an average of 97% over the last 12 months.
The business employs some c. 300 staff from its headquarters in Daventry and satellite offices in London Peterborough, Cardiff and Milton Keynes.
Our future growth will be driven by:
- M&A activity to capture more of the market and additional talent;
- Our ability to further enhance the experience it offers home movers;
- Continued development of the way that we work seamlessly with estate agencies; and
- Improving internal processes to deliver increased operational efficiency.
We are a finance team of hardworking experts that take pride in delivering an outstanding level of financial management, accounting and management information that drives business decisions and manages risk.
Main purpose of the role:
Reporting to the CFO, you’ll work across all teams, on multiple projects at a time, selecting, gathering, organising and presenting management information to help make strategic decisions here at Simply. The role is based in Daventry with some flexibility to work part of the week at home.
Focussed on the details while finding ways to solve big challenges you’ll use a variety of methods to do this, from modelling business scenarios to tracking performance metrics.
You’ll need to start with identifying ‘source of truth’ data, cleaning it where necessary and making decisions about systematic automated capabilities to support this along the way.
You’ll support scaling of the business through producing repeatable, consistent and reliable forms of management reporting.
Key tasks and responsibilities:
- Provide executives with clear insights and recommendations into drivers of business growth, market trends, risks, and opportunities.
- Analyse financial results and key performance metrics on a periodic basis to support decision making.
- Provide support for day-to-day operational decisions and macro-level project decisions through financial analysis.
- Define Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for the business and own reporting and analysis to track performance.
- Build and maintain long-term financial models to understand the viability of projects, analyse expected returns, and support long-term resource allocation.
- Demonstrate knowledge of market conditions within the residential conveyancing industry and beyond
- Part or full Finance qualification such as CMA, ACCA, CFA and / or
- BCS Business Analysis diploma or equivalent
- 1 – 2 years’ experience working in an analytical role with demonstrable ability to capture data and present findings in a clear & compelling way
- Proven track record of creating clear, concise deliverables that reflect a deep understanding of business needs
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills
- Experienced in Microsoft program tools – Word/Excel/PowerPoint
- Ability to communicate at all levels in organisations, present and influence
- Experience in delivering client focused solutions
- Strong ability to build relationships with customers and key stakeholders at all levels
- PowerBI experience preferred but not essential
- Proud and passionate about the work that they deliver
- Enthusiastic, hardworking, energetic and tenacious
- Organised, structured and methodical
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with a strong attention to detail and the ability to communicate at all levels
- Target driven to exceed business forecasts
- Sets high standard for self and is a role model within the sales team and the business by leading by example
- Is a strong team player and interacts well and confidently at all levels whilst remaining professional